Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Children's Literature Briefly Chp6-8

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Sadle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

In chapter 7 I found wordless picture books to be very intriguing. Before now I have never noticed any wordless picture books, but I really like them. I like how one can make up there own stories to the pictures. These books work the mind. Children are able to create their own text and when they get to the right age they can write in whatever they are seeing from the pictures.

In chapter 8 I totally agree with Bernard Lonsdale and Helen Mackintosh on how they say “Experiences with poetry should be pleasurable and should never be associated with work.” As a child I remember poetry not being so bad it was as I got older I grew to dislike it more and more. There was no particular reason that I can recall it just did not interest me. So maybe if my high school teachers would have taught it differently then I would have a different opinion.

No comments: