Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Children's Literature Briefly Chapter 18

Tunnell, Michael O. and James S. Jacobs. Children's Literature, Briefly. 4e. Upper Sadle River NJ: Pearson/Merrill Prentice Hall, 2008.

After reading chapter 18 I found it very true how textbooks are often unappealing to students. I remember hating to just read out of the text book then have a quiz or test. Being in the Post-Bach program is the first time my classes were not like this. This is why I enjoy it so much. I really do think that if you apply more “trade books” to lesson’s students may be more cooperative and want to learn. Being a teacher is about being creative and getting your students involved. I feel that if a teacher just makes students read then take a test then they are not applying themselves as a teacher at all.

1 comment:

Denisse said...

This chapter is pretty interesting huh?